As read on the dial of a grandfather clock "Tempus Fugit" - you will agree that time sure flies...
We are now at the cusp of the year 2014 and I am sure you are wondering how to proceed with your home and other major purchases.
Here are a few ideas for you;
- Run your credit reports from the three major bureaus, preferably on http://www.myfico.com, or another FICO score service.
- Examine your credit reports for inaccurate information. If there are any issues, you may fill out a complaint form or send a letter to the individual bureau asking to remove or correct the item in dispute.
- If you need credit repair assistance, you may use a credit repair service, which charges a fee for their services.
- Determine how much money you will have to put down on your home and include closing cost estimates. Place any of these funds in a "safe" investment account.
- Using any financial site such as on Yahoo! Finance or on http://www.bankrate.com to use mortgage or other finance calculators can be helpful in determining your debt ratios and how much house you can actually afford.
- Utilize the services of your attorneys, mortgage brokers, banks, etc - they are professionals in their respective fields and are available to help you.
Feel free to reach me with any questions you may have. I am here to help you as well.
Happy New Year to ALL !!
- Robert Skinner