Renovations are in the work which the management team ensures will not change Szekely’s tried and true mind, body and spirit philosophy, but enhance it. And while that’s happening it’s business as usual during the summer starting
- July 20-27 with California Wines Coed Week-- during which guest get to eet wine experts and join them for seven days of tastings and pairings. They will also discuss wine history and lore as well as how to navigate the modern wine list. The host of the week is 17-year wine-industry veteran Danielle Price who began as a source of the highest quality rare and fine wines for friends and colleagues, then spent the next fourteen years building and managing two of the largest and most diverse wine programs in the world. Joining Danielle are guest vintners from Jackson Family Wines, the Bonaccorsi Wine Company and Leoness Cellars. Highlighting the week will be a joyous Garden Dinner against the backdrop of the setting sun and beneath a canopy of sparkling lights in our three-acre organic garden. Book Now
- August 17-24 Inner Wisdom Women's Week with Annharriet Buck--Find your inner source of true happiness in the supportive company of like-minded women guided by veteran Golden Door staffer Annharriet Buck who will help you understand the power of knowing the difference between self-improvement and self-acceptance, and between being positive and being happy. Annharriet Buck, through training and temperament, represents an extraordinary melding of east and west, of philosophy and science She has studied at the Carl Jung Institute, the Menninger Foundation, and Harvard Medical School. She has trained with Buddhist monk and author, Thich Nhat Hanh as well as Tibetan scholars and renowned neuroscientists. Book Now
- August 24 - 31 Water Workouts--Pool exercises go easy on the joints yet provide effective body toning and cardio workouts. These are aways fun at the Door with muscial backgrounds accompanying your every move. Definitely a painless way to get in shape.
Summer is my favorite time for a trip to the Door because it's much warmer and lighter out for those uncivilized early morning mountain hikes that begin at 6 a.m. Evenings are balmy enough to swim in the pool after dinner or just stroll around the Japanese honjin inn-style gorgeous grounds.
Shaping up a the Door is a piece of cake
- Yes, desserts are served with the delicious carefully calorie-controlled meals of which you get three squares plus snacks.
- Fitness rules from morning until after stretch and yoga.
- Pampering takes precedence with facials, massages, herbal wraps, nail care, makeup and more.
- Friendships happen when 40-plus guests mingle and shape up together.
- Rates include everything even workout clothes and daily laundry.