Every year, Ellen DeGeneres dons her Santa hat and celebrates the season of giving with “12 Days of Giveaways,” which is very similar to Oprah’s “Favorite Things.” However, Ellen’s version stretches out for twelve whole days. On Dec. 9, Loni Love helped Ellen give away more than $2,700 worth of Christmas cheer from Best Buy for day three of “12 Days of Christmas” in 2013. Concerning her desire to make others happy during the holiday season, Ellen told the “LA Times”:
With Christmas, as you get older, it’s about the joy you get from giving and seeing the reaction of the other person.
At the beginning of the Dec. 9 episode, Ellen said that she found a man for guest DJ Loni Love. Vito Petrusi was called on to the stage. After proclaiming him “a little Italian Papa Smurf,” Love began making out with her date on the couch. The audience was quick to realize the prank that heralded in the new “12 Days of Giveaways” segment on Monday.
Day three of Ellen’s 2013 “12 Days of Giveaways” focused on electronics from Best Buy. She gave away $2,700 of goodies, movies and much more.
Below were the gifts from day three of “12 Days of Giveaways” in 2013 ($2,700 total value):
- $400 Dyson Animal vacuum cleaner
- $250 Philips Sonicare DiamondClean powered toothbrush
- $150 Pebble Smartwatch
- $600 Warner Bros. 100-film DVD collection
- $550 Insignia 50” flat screen TV
- $750 Canon EOS Rebel SLI camera
Below were the gifts from day two of “12 Days of Giveaways ($2,149 total value):
- $250 Whole Foods gift card
- $600 Vitamix professional blender
- $500 Breville Youbrew coffeemaker
- $500 Calphalon cookware set
- $299 Beats Pill portable speaker
Below were the gifts from day one of “12 Days of Giveaways” ($1,700 total value):
- $1500 Target gift card
- $200 American Express gift card
After three days, the total value stands at $6,549. Ellen is giving a few lucky winners ALL the gifts from "12 Days of Giveaways." The prize package could easily be valued in the tens of thousands of dollars.
In 2013, Ellen DeGeneres is once again giving viewers at home several opportunities to win the prizes from her “12 Days of Giveaways.” She calls it “12 Chances To Win 12 Days." Below is how you can participate and register to win.
- Ellen website: Every day, ten winners will receive all of the giveaways from that day.
- Facebook: Ellen’s Facebook fans get a chance to win each of the 12 Days of Giveaways.
- Twitter: Follow Ellen on Twitter. You never know when she’ll tweet a chance to win 12 Days prizes.
- Instagram: Follow Ellen on Instagram for fun and exciting ways to win a full day’s worth of 12 Days prizes.
- Yahoo Shine: Go to Ellen’s Good News page to win each day’s prizes. You could even win every single 12 Days prize.
- YouTube: Find the secret link to enter on one of Ellen’s “Heads Up” videos on YouTube, and you could win!
- Pinterest: Find Ellen’s pin of her holiday set for a very Pinteresting way to win.
- Vine: Follow Ellen on Vine and find the Vine with the secret link for another chance to win the prizes for that day.
- Newsletter: Ellen’s newsletter subscribers get a chance to win 12 Days prizes. Subscribe here.
- Tumblr: Find the image of Ellen’s viewers winning 12 Days prizes, and you would be a winner.
- Watch & Win: After the 12 Days of Giveaways, tune in to Ellen’s Watch & Win for another chance to win.
- GetGlue: Check in to every day of Ellen’s 12 Days of Giveaways on GetGlue and you could win, too.
“12 Days of Giveaways” continues through Friday, Dec. 20, but Ellen could throw in an extra day for good measure, just like she did in 2012.
To watch day three of Ellen’s “12 Days of Giveaways” in 2013, be sure to watch the video above and to the left.
“The Ellen DeGeneres Show” airs every weekday on NBC. Check local listings for air times.
Do you want to stay in-the-know? Then sign up to get my articles personally delivered to your in-box. Just click on SUBSCRIBE and you'll stay up-to-the-minute with the latest TV news.