Each day over 5,000 Americans receive the message, “You have Type 2 Diabetes”. This is more than 1.9 million new cases annually to the already stunning, 33 million cases of diabetes. Add to this another 79 million Americans who are considered pre-diabetic, and you have a health crisis, spinning out of control. As staggering as these numbers are, it gets worse. The rate of new cases is expected to double over the next 10 years.
We often hear about diabetes and chances are that you know someone who has been diagnosed with diabetes, or maybe you even have a family member or close friend who battles this chronic disease
Some additional facts you should know about diabetes:
- One out of 10 Americans will be given the diagnosis of diabetes this year.
- The out of pocket cost for the average person with diabetes can exceed $8,000.00 per year, and that does not include the health insurance premium.
- In the worst cases, diabetes can result in bankruptcy and financial ruin.
- The life expectancy of an individual with diabetes is 10 years less than those without it. That’s 10 years of missed birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, weddings and welcoming new grandchildren.
- Type 2 Diabetes is over 90% created due to a person’s body weight which results in insulin resistance or insulin insufficiency.
- Diabetes costs $175 Billion dollars per year. That’s about as much as was spent in 2009 on the conflicts in Iraq, Afghanistan and the global war on terrorism combined.
- Diabetes is one of the biggest health expenses facing employers, costing $22.6 billion annually in worker absenteeism and reduced productivity.
- If current trends continue, 50% of Americans will develop diabetes or pre-diabetes sometime in their lifetime and will lose, on average, 10–15 years of life.
- Diabetes is the number 1 cause of spin-off diseases including: heart disease, stroke, blindness, non-traumatic amputations, kidney failure, neuropathy and Alzheimer’s.
Diabetes can also exact a huge emotional and physical toll. There are new priorities, demands, fears and realities. Life with diabetes can be overwhelming and depressing. It is filled with doctor appointments, constantly monitoring blood sugars and medications and the fear of spin-off diseases noted above.
According to Bonnie Roill, Registered Dietitian and Owner of Diabetes Free Arizona™ and Licensed Provider for Diabetes Free America™, you can place type 2 Diabetes into remission through healthy lifestyle choices that include food, movement, and mindset.
That is just what Roill plans to do with the launch of an exciting new program in Scottsdale Arizona, to combat the disease of diabetes called the Diabetes Free Zone™ This 16 session program was created by E.Ted Chandler, MD, FACP founder of Diabetes Free America™, who worked in the field of diabetes car and research for over 55 years. search. According to Roill, this program has continuously been shown to reverse high blood sugar in 21 days or less!
Roill added that "this program is a multi-component system specifically designed to help individuals with type 2 Diabetes and pre-diabetics lower their blood sugar and regain their long term health."
Her mission is to share this program with as many people as possible so they can continue to share the information with those that are looking for a solution to their perplexing challenge of living well with diabetes.
In discussing the details of the program, Roill noted that "one aspect of this program I love is that you can join us at any time. Each week is a stand-alone topic. Another great feature of this program - an individual’s significant other can attend the meetings for free!"
Participants also receive a manual that "will grow to over 140 pages of meal plans, recipes, articles, restaurant reviews, and more."
The most important benefit this type of program is regaining control of one's health by:
- Reducing body weight
- Reduce blood sugar and A1C blood test levels
- Reducing of eliminate diabetes medications
- Reducing or eliminate the complications of diabetes
- Increased energy levels
- Restoration of self-healing systems
- Enjoyment of a happier, healthier life
The first introductory class takes place this Thursday, March 7, 2013, in Scottsdale Arizona on Tatum Blvd, between Thunderbird Rd. and Bell Road. Details can be found at www.DiabetesFreeAZ.com. Space is limited so all participants must register in advance.
Additional information: American Diabetes Association;