Once again, we hear of yet another life cut too short by the ravages of drugs in Hollywood. Phillip Seymour Hoffman was found dead in his home from an overdose.
So sad to think, such an accomplished man could be so lost in the sickness of drug addiction - especially since he had been clean for over 20 years. So sad to think, that he felt so alone in his sickness that the only answer he sought was at the end of a syringe. I cannot begin to imagine the pain this man was going through....my heart aches for his young children who will likely seek answers for this tragedy - the rest of their lives.
The news is reporting that his long-time relationship with Mimi O'Donnell had just erupted. Some are speculating that this may have been part of the impetus for the overdose.
Truth is, we will never know. All we know is that one more passionate, creative, brilliant human being has left this earth too soon. Maybe Jim Carrey said it best in his tribute to Hoffman on Twitter: "For the most sensitive among us the noise can be too much..."