The first of the year didn't start out well for the Bailey family. Their house they rent caught on fire early on the morning of January 3. While fireighters arrived and the occupants were out of the blazing house, Cola, the owners Labrador Retriever was found inside unresponsive.
Firefighters rescuing the dog had one thing going for them. Local veterinarians, from Delphos Animal Hospital had donated oxygen masks this fall to be used with area fire departments.
Cola was lucky, he was found in the house covered in ashes and not breathing. Firefighters worked over five minutes restoring Cola.
Mrs. Bailey, while devastated that their home was a total loss, was thankful that their family pet was saved.While she and the children deal with material loss, they are thankful for their pet saved and the efforts of the local fire department.
Kudos goes to the Delphos Animal Hospital, where they say they will be donating additional oxygen equipment for situations as these.