This weekend I had the opportunity to work with some talented artists in the industry. I did the makeup for a Fashion Review hosted by Mayor Vivian E. Covington. The fundraising gala with the theme “Breaking the Glass Ceiling” hosted a fashion show with Dedry Jones as commentator.
The Fashion Preview showcased boutiques and designers including:
- The Damage Collection by Anthony E. Alfonso his premise is quality and durability of garments that do not follow the typical fashion trends. These designs are custom and show great detail within the garments.
- The Men’s Warehouse- is a men's dress clothes retailer in the United States. The company has corporate offices in the Westchase area of Houston, Texas, and executive offices in Fremont, California.
- Lauren Cheri-The Caltagirone ( Resort 2014)Collection by Ms. Lauren Cheri Fashion Illustrator & Designer-
- Muse Clothing w/Arrogant Empire- Mr. Bruce Stamps (Owner/Designer)- by appointment only- Muse Clothing is Columbia's only alternative street fashion boutique for men and women. Check out who we are and where we come from...
Makeup and Hair Styling Team included three local freelance independent artists including:
- Celestine McGee of Celestial Enterprises-a licensed cosmetology instructor/freelance makeup artist with over 30 years of experience in print/editorial, fashion, and glamour related work. Enjoys networking with Amateur & Professional models in the development of portfolios, coordinating photo shoots with local photographers, hairstylists and fashion designers etc. Her slogan is “Bringing out the Inner Beauty of You”.
- Chastity-Freelance Makeup Artist, Hairstylist and part-time beauty specialist.
- Cassandra of Styles by Cassandra-“I base my business on the belief that my customers needs are of the utmost importance”. Committed to meeting those needs as a result, a high percentage of my business is from repeat customers and referrals.
Mark your calendar for December 1, 2013 and plan to attend the 5th Annual World AIDS Day Fashion Show, featuring the designs of Mark Roscoe. Admission: $20 for more info call John at: 773-779-2399 for more details about this event.