Pinterest is a social media network that is growing by leaps and bounds each day. Most of its users are female, but the male population is growing and is thought it will even out in the next couple of years. People share and click through Pinterest pins at a higher rate than Twitter shares. With this local business marketing strategy you can create a viral pin that takes off without even trying, if you're creative and give it some thought. People are generally visual, so seeing a beautiful pictorial of what they desire is more likely to get them to go to the store and buy that item.
1) Create Infographics - Infographics according to Wikipedia, "are graphic visual representations of information, data or knowledge." They are designed to impart knowledge about a particular subject quickly in a visual manner. Imagine the types of infographics you can create for your business, from how to use a product or service, to showing how something has changed over time. So many things can be depicted in an infographic that you could literally create one every single day.
2) Share Product Pictures - Simply share a single product picture each and every single day. Is the product new, is it on sale, or perhaps, is it particularly useful this time of year? Share it! Take excellent pictures and write fabulous keyword rich descriptions and titles and your product pictures will be tagged, shared, and the products will likely be purchased. You'll get people to come to your place of business because they saw the product on Pinterest and it looked so visually pleasing that they have to have it.
3) Promote Coupons - Have a sale and then promote it with a great printable coupon in the form of a pin. Make it visually pleasing to the eye, so that people catch what it is. Again, provide excellent keyword rich titles and descriptions, and you'll soon find those coupons coming into your local business to be redeemed. Try having a new coupon each week to entice the viewers to share them, and bring them in.
4) Have a Contest - Nothing is more fun than a contest and Pinterest is an excellent way to promote one. You can plan it out in advance, and do several different type of contests, ranging from a pictorial scavenger hunt, to a real life scavenger hunt. Start a pin board to which others can contribute, and let people submit their photos of local shopping trips. This can be a great way to promote local shopping. Just a little creativity can go a long way.
5) Create a Story Board - People love knowing why you started your business. Create a story board about how your business started where it was, and where it is now. People would love to see photographs from "back then" up till today. You can keep adding to it over the years to keep the story going.
By participating with Pinterest, in this manner, to promote your local business, you'll build your brand, attract new customers, and have fun, too. Don't forget to follow other boards, and participate socially on Pinterest with other locals for maximum results.
David Carleton is a Local Business Marketing Consultant who specializes in showing owners how to spend less and get more from their marketing and advertising using low cost strategies in local business marketing, lead generation and conversion, Internet marketing and social media. To learn more go to http://LocalBusinessMarketingSuccess.com or call 858-442-3131