Biscotti are a unique cookie, crisp and delicious. While there are unlimited variations and additions to the basic dough recipe, this one has the great flavor of orange and chocolate. From scratch biscotti recipes require an intricate dough blend. This recipe reduces the work by using refrigerated cookie dough. There is no need to share that little secret, just take the credit for creating a fantastically delicious cookie.
Loaded Orange Biscotti
- 1 roll (16.5 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- In a large bowl, break cookie dough into pieces and allow to soften for about 5 minutes.
- Add flour and cinnamon to cookie dough. Mix until well blended.
- Add orange juice, molasses, orange extract and vanilla and mix by hand, just until combined. Dough should be moist. Add orange juice, 1 tablespoon at a time, if dough is too dry.
- Add chopped pecans and mix lightly to combine.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Divide dough in half. Form 2 logs on prepared baking sheet, about 1-inch high, 2 to 3-inches wide and 11 to 12-inches long. Position logs 3 to 4-inches apart. Bake in 350° oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove cookies logs from oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes. Slice on diagonal, about 3/4 to 1-inch thickness, after cooling period.
- Position individual biscotti on baking sheet and return to oven for 8 to 10 minutes, until toasted and dry.
- Allow to cool on wire rack. Store at room temperature or freeze for later use.
Makes about 24 cookies.