It’s back to school time which means lots of lunches to packs and after school snacks. But not all snacks are created equal. Many are loaded with saturated fats, artificial preservatives and other non-ideal ingredients. Give kids the option for healthier snacks that still taste delicious with the new Gold Emblem Abound snack line recently launched by CVS/pharmacy.
Gold Emblem Abound offers great-tasting, healthier snacks at an affordable price. Parents will appreciate that this new line of is gluten free, cholesterol free, and high in fiber and protein. They’re also free from artificial preservatives and flavors and contain no trans-fats.
Snack options that are a good source of fiber include:
- Gold Emblem Abound Cranberry Oat Bran Cookies – Wholesome and delicious and made with rolled oats, these cookies boast sweet and tangy dried cranberries in every bite.
- Gold Emblem Abound Raw Natural Almonds – Not only are they great tasting in their own right, but they have countless uses: sprinkle them over dessert, bake them with entrees – these wholesome nuts are delicious no matter how they’re used.
Snack options offering a good source of protein include:
- Gold Emblem Abound Sweet & Nutty Probiotic Trail Mix – Creamy yogurt is delicious, but it’s even more so when it delivers probiotic cultures that support the immune system. Sweet raisins dipped in a special probiotic yogurt coating and mixed with rich, dark chocolate covered cranberries and crunchy almonds make for a delicious treat.
- Gold Emblem Abound Pomegranate & Cranberry Snack Bars – A nutritious combination of pomegranates, cranberries and granola, this grab-and-go snack is rich in fiber and is also a good source of protein.
- Gold Emblem Abound Peanut Butter – This creamy, no stir peanut butter is a great source of protein.
Gluten-free snack options include:
- Gold Emblem Abound Sea Salt Flavored Baked Rice Crisps – Airy and light, these rice crisps are oven-baked to perfection with just the right touch of sea salt - a great gluten free snack option.
- Gold Emblem Abound Heavenly Light Popcorn – Light and fluffy, this cholesterol free snack is also a great source of fiber.
Snack options that are a great source of fruit with no added sugar include:
- Gold Emblem Abound Blueberry & Pomegranate Superfruit Snack Bar – These grab-and-go bars are a tasty way to fulfill two servings of fruit per day.
- Gold Emblem Abound Superfruit Baobab Bites – Inspired by the African baobab fruit, these bites are packed with antioxidants and essential vitamins and minerals.
For more information and to find a CVS/pharmacy in New York or anywhere in the nation, please visit www.cvs.com.