Toxins are all around you – in your home, your car, your workplace, in the products you use – basically, EVERYWHERE. A hundred years ago many of the toxins were non-existent.
According to Merriam-Webster dictionary: toxin is a poisonous substance that is a specific product of the metabolic activities of a living organism and is usually very unstable, notably toxic when introduced into the tissues, and typically capable of inducing antibody formation.
Today, there are new toxins introduced into our environment—and our bodies, daily. We are all exposed to toxins; some more than others. There are warning signs that could signal an overload of toxic compounds if you have ruled out the “small issues.”
• Pain or aches in your muscles or joints
• Trouble concentrating
• Fatigue or sluggishness
• Mood swings
The purpose of this short quiz is to demonstrate how living a “normal life” can result in massive exposure to toxins.
HOW TOXIC ARE YOU?
Answer “yes” or “no” to the following statements.
1. I have taken antibiotics during my life.
2. I have gotten vaccines.
3. I have taken aspirin, or Tylenol, or ibuprofen, or other over-the-counter pain medication.
4. I shower and/or bathe in regular tap water.
5. I drink water out of the tap.
6. I have used plastic containers to heat my food in the microwave.
7. I have been in a swimming pool where chlorine was used.
8. I drive in a car every day.
9. I drive in heavy traffic.
10. I use hair dyes.
11. I use fingernail polish.
12. I use makeup and cosmetics.
13. I use moisturizers, body lotions, and sunscreens on my skin.
14. I use air fresheners in my house.
15. I use bug spray in my house.
16. I use standard cleaning products in my house.
17. I use standard soap and detergent for my skin and my clothes.
18. I use toothpaste with fluoride.
19. I eat in fast-food restaurants at least once a month.
20. I eat in restaurants at least once a month.
21. I eat products produced by large publicly traded corporations.
22. I buy brand-name food products that are heavily advertised on TV.
23. I eat pork and shellfish.
24. I use artificial sweeteners such as NutraSweet or Splenda.
25. I drink regular (non-diet) sodas several times a week.
26. I drink diet sodas several times a week.
27. I have fewer than 2 large bowel movements every day.
28. I have taken over-the-counter, nonprescription drugs.
29. I have taken prescription drugs in the last 5 years.
30. I use non-stick pans to cook with.
31. I use deodorant and antiperspirant.
32. I do not drink 8 glasses of purified water every day.
33. I have never had a colonic or enema.
34. I live near high tension power lines.
35. I use a cellular phone without electromagnetic chaos protection.
36. I use a laptop computer with a wireless device.
37. I use a wireless telephone in my house.
38. I live within a few miles of a manufacturing plant of some kind.
39. I live within 100 miles of an agricultural area where produce is grown.
40. I live within 100 miles of ranches where livestock, cattle, chickens, or other animals are raised.
If you’ve answered “yes” to over twenty questions, you may be highly toxic. Toxins exist, but we have options to overcome the damaging results.
To learn more about protecting your health against massive exposure to toxins, click here.
Did you find this article informative? Receive email alerts when new articles are available? Just click on the SUBSCRIBE button above.