Spring is coming and it is time to get out to Livermore Wine Country and taste wines right out of the barrel, meet winemakers, and more at the Livermore Valley Barrel Tasting Weekend, March 29-30. Each winery will host a unique experience during barrel tasting weekend including at least one barrel sample for each ticket holder plus other events including food and wine pairing, music and more. This is your chance to pre-purchase wines before they have even bottled (aka "futures")!
Over 30 Livermore Valley winemakers are offering the visitor a chance to taste some released and soon to be released wine.
- 3 Steves Winery – barrel samples of the 2012 Merlot and 2012 Zinfandel
- Bent Creek Winery – a winemaker blending activity plus special offerings and barrel tasting of the 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon and 2013 Petite Sirah
- Big White House Winery and John Evan Cellars – check out the aroma bar for wine sensor evaluation where you will learn to recognize the aromas found in wine. Also make your own blend while sampling the components that make up their Chateau Marion blend.
- Caddis Winery – barrel tasting of the Merlot and Cab
- Charles R Winery – Find the hidden corks and answer their fun facts, plus the Michael James band on Saturday. Barrel tasting of the 2011 Petite Sirah.
- Concannon Winery – John Concannon will be present on Saturday and Sunday plus barrel tasting of the Cab and Petite Sirah
- Crooked Vine Winery – Evan Thomas of Papa’s Garage will be playing on Saturday and Sunday plus Ken’s Woodfired Pizza and barrel tasting of the 2012 Cab and 2012 Zin.
- Cuda Ridge Wines – taste the Posada contemporary southwestern Tapas and check out a side-by-side tasting of the 2011 Cabernet Franc and Petite Verdot. Live music by Roger Kardinal and Steve L’Heresault
- Dante Robere Vineyards – barrel tasting of the 2012 Estate Syrah and the 2012 Touriga
- Darcie Kent Vineyards – Food truck event, plus afternoon wine education with Darcie Kent on Saturday and Mark Clarin on Sunday. Barrel tasting of the DeMayo Chardonnay
- Ehrenburg Cellars – barrel tasting of the 2012 Shenandoah Valley Zin and 2012 Lodi Petite Sirah
- Fenestra Winery – Craft vendors including leather goods and woodworking, plus barrel tasting of the 2012 and 2013 Estate Syrahs and Livermore Malbecs
- Las Positas Vineyards – Winemaker Brent Amos will be discussing the differences between American and French oak barrels while you sample the 2012 Estate Barbara
- Les Chenes Estate Vineyard – Pairing the 2012 Estate Syrah with their horseradish Cheddar Cheese topped with their Syrah n’ Chocolate Gourmet Mustard bringing out the spices and chocolate flavors in wine.
- Longevity Wines – Music at the winery on Saturday and barrel samples of the 2012 Barbara and 2011 Mourvedre
- McGrail Vineyards and Winery – Soliel pizza and barrel samples of the 2012 Cab Clone 8 and 2012 Cab Clone 15
- Mitchell Katz Winery – barrel samples of the Clark’s Corner Syrah, Crackerbox Sangiovese, Walker Ranch Cab and Falling Star Petite Sirah
- Murrieta’s Well – barrel samples of the 2012 Zarzuela compared with the 2011 Zarzuela bottles
- Page Mill Winery – Live music and vendors for crafts and jewelry plus barrel samples of the Estate Petite Sirah
- Retzlaff Estate Winery – Craft vendors and barrel tasting of the 2013 Cab, 2013 Merlot, 2013 Chardonnay and 2013 Sauvignon Blanc
- Rodrigue Molyneaux Winery – Cheese pairing and barrel samples
- Stoney Ridge Winery – Evan Thomas from Papa’s Garage, Ken’s Woodfired Pizza and barrel samples of the 2012 Cab
- Wente Vineyards Estate – Small bites form Wente Vineyards and barrel samples from the 2012 Petite Sirah and 2012 Cabernet Franc
- Wood Family Vineyards – talk to the winemaker while you sample the Zinfandel and Petite Sirah barrel samples
Ticket Price: $40 advance / $45 day of event (Pre-Sale ends at 2 p.m. Friday 3/30/12)
Ticket Includes: a take home glass with the Livermore Valley Wine Country Logo, 2 days of barrel tasting at each participating winery on Saturday & Sunday, special activities and wine discounts, and a Barrel Tasting Weekend map which includes all wineries that are participating in the Barrel Tasting weekend.
This is a fundraiser for the Livermore Valley Winegrowers Association and appreciate your support is appreciated. The Livermore Valley Winegrowers Association encourages you to have a designated driver.
For more information: