Research shows that presenting science concepts in a variety of ways helps every student, not just those who have trouble learning with traditional methods. On a large scale, President Obama’s 2009 program trained 10,000 new math and science teachers and hoped to insert high-quality math and science programs in into new classrooms at a cost of 260 million dollars.
On a much more affordable scale, many resources are available for classroom teachers and parents at TeachersPayTeachers.com. Check out a few resources to make life science livelier.
- Plant adaptations by ecosystem game
- Prairie Ecosystem game
- Forest ecosystem review game
- Take a tour of all the terrestrial biomes and aquatic ecosystems with a two in one bingo game.
- Move around games that teach about ecosystems, food chains and webs, omnivore, herbivore, consumer, producer, prey, predator, niche, competition, habitat and camouflage
- Free 27 slide Power Point presenting classification of animals using Job 39.
- Template Power Point for teachers or students to build their own food chain and biome presentations. Graphics, a sample and graphic organizer are included as well as links to websites with more information.
- Rain, coniferous and deciduous forest biomes in a Power Point that covers plant adaptations, food chains, human impact, economic considerations plus resources and review games