- Apples – Apples are full of pectin which can significantly reduce your appetite. You can also reduce your cholesterol by eating apples. The feeling of fullness should last at least an hour or two. Apples make a great snack between meals.
- Oatmeal – Oatmeal is full of fiber and takes time to digest. Oatmeal lowers ghrelin levels which trigger appetite. The best oats are steel cut as they take longer to digest in comparison to instant oats. Steel cut oats can be found in heal food stores, such as Whole Foods.
- Pine nuts – Pine nuts contain a compound known as pinolenic acid, which is a polyunsaturated fat that curbs your hunger. Pine nuts are high in protein which helps build strong muscles.
- Beans – Filled with fiber and protein, beans help you to feel full and regulate blood sugar levels. Add beans to salad or create a low cal soup with chicken broth.
- Water – Drink a few glasses before consuming a big meal and you will see how quickly you become full!
- Green tea – Green tea acts as an an excellent natural appetite suppressant! Green tea helps you to burn fat more effectively as well. The tea is also loaded with antioxidants and is good for your cells.
- Eggs-Eggs have a good deal of protein and are under 100 calories.
- Salmon-This fish is loaded with protein and healthy fats, eat up!
Massive tornadoes hit Oklahoma, killing at least 24 people.How you can help