Skip to main content
Report this ad

See also:

Lisa Hyder: Devil worshipping killer confesses to killing, dismembering, eating

Lisa Hyder, 37, was staying at a friend’s house in Manchester, Tennessee when she met a man on Friday and decided to go back with him to his home. A short time later, she was killed, dismembered and eaten. Arrested Monday in this grisly murder and cannibalism case was 37-year-old Gregory Hale, who allegedly admitted to killing Hyder and eating part of her body.

Police said Hale lived in the garage at his parent’s home on Pete Sain Road in Summitville. A raid on the home and garage this week, after police received a tip from a man that Hale had contacted about disposing of the corpse, turned up Hyder’s body, which was only a torso. Her head and limbs had been removed and her body was dumped in a burn pile.

“The way she had to leave this world is not right,” said Hyder’s cousin Samantha Paas. “She had suffered from an addiction to alcohol probably her whole life. She had some troubles, she had a really rocky life and we say that she was a lost soul.”

Charles Hyder also spoke out about his ex-wife, who he says suffered from alcohol addiction. Police confirmed that Hale and Hyder met at a liquor store.

CBS News reported that a neighbor of Hale’s, who asked to not be identified, said that the killer just had dinner with one of her friends over the weekend. ”I'm just at a loss for words,” the female neighbor said. “I don't know what to think that this kid I've known for 28 years could do something this gruesome… She told me he sat at their kitchen table Saturday night and ate supper with them like nothing was wrong.” carried a Facebook photo of Hale, who is a self-described Devil worshiper. Writes the site: “The alleged killer’s Facebook page is filled with images and descriptions of blood, gore and killing. In a recent post, Hale shared a photo that read: ‘I hug the people I hate so I know how big to dig the hole in my backyard.’”

Lisa leaves behind six children.

Hale is currently being held on a $1.5 million bond and will reappear back in court at the end of the month.

Report this ad