Liquid Bread Gastropub (379 East Campbell Ave.) is celebrating their one-year anniversary throughout this weekend, Oct. 19 and 20.
Coinciding with the annual downtown Campbell Oktoberfest, Liquid Bread is paying tribute with German beer on tap, $10 anniversary steins (while supplies last) with $5 refills, and fine fare, including Knackwurst and Beer Cheese Soup until 4 p.m. today and tomorrow.
Liquid Bread is also participating in Silicon Valley Restaurant Week, which runs from Oct. 16 through Oct. 23. Below is Chef John Burke's special, set menu ($45 - add beer for $20 or wine for $30):
Mixed heirloom tomatoes
- warm goat cheese, braised onions, crispy bread, tarragon dressing
Beer cheese soup
- butterball potatoes, leeks, beet relish
Braised lobster mushroom
- brussel sprouts chips, pearl barley, balsamic reduction
Crispy pork jowl
- smoked tofu, turnips, hen of the wood mushrooms, pork sauce
- squid ink spaetzle, crispy pork skin, yogurt, caraway
- quinoa, garbanzo beans, cippolini, romesco
Dragon eyes tea cake
- cranberry jam, shiso whipped cream,
- almond praline , mint