It’s that time of year again boys and girls. Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?! And along with football comes tailgating. The parking lot is buzzing with Nerf footballs wobbling in the air and Frisbees flying haphazardly around. There are numerous make-shift bars about and odd football shaped dishes filled with everything from dips to charred bits of flesh. The music is blarring, beers are being spilled and grills are flaring up and burning off the fat content of the dead animals.
When attending these tailgating rituals, there are rules to be followed.
- Bring a dish to pass
- Try everything everybody else brought
- Wear some sort of Lions logo
- Never-ever go into the stadium sober (beers are $9 each in there)
Now some folks take the easy route and show up with chips and a tub of Kroger onion dip. What the hell? As a Lions fan, one must be inspired to do better! Drive for the ultimate goal! And hopefully end up with something you can talk about at the water cooler tomorrow.
These are some tried and true Grilling tailgate recipes for your Lions pre-game ritual:
- Burgers – All of these recipes are sure to bring your taste buds to their knees.
- Ribs – Start these at home and finish on the tailgate grill. Root Beer Ribs? YES PLEASE!
- Chicken Wings – Orange Glazed and delicious. Nice little change from typical Hot Wings.
- Brats – Might as well go to the King of Brats, Johnsonville, and find a killer recipe.
These are some easy to make Slow Cooker recipes:
- Chili - Add the hot sauce or leave the heat accoutrements on the side for your buddies.
- Dips – Great site with some good slow cooker recipes.
- Pork Wraps – Man tested and Lion Fan Approved.
Make ahead Appetizers for the masses:
- 20 Appetizers – One or more of these are sure to please a hungry Lions Fan.
- Marinated Shrimp – No cook and served on crackers.
If none of these recipes work for your tailgate, then you folks ain’t doing it right. A short article this time around but with a big punch of flavor!
Lions’ fans unite in the parking lot and start your grills!
Smoke ‘em if you got’ em and don’t forget your bib.