March’s third weekend offers a wild pack of running events, from St. Patrick’s Day races to 5Ks, fundraising runs, a reverse marathon, and more.
Runners are pouncing on these races, all scheduled on Saturday, March 15, and Sunday, March 16, in and around Wisconsin.
These Badger State running events are listed alphabetically by date for easy reference.
- March 15 – 23rd Annual Blarney Run Walk – Hoyt Park – Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
- March 15 – Saturday – Breakaway 5K – Waukesha North High School – Waukesha, Wisconsin
- March 15 – Saturday – Decide. Commit. Succeed. 5K Racing Series – Shamrock Shuffle – New Richmond, Wisconsin
- March 15 – Saturday – Green Beer 5K – Soldier Field – Chicago, Illinois
- March 15 – Saturday – Irish Jig Jog 5K – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- March 15 – Saturday – MFC Fox Cities Marathon in Reverse – Neenah, Wisconsin
- March 15 – Saturday – Nick van Dyke Shamrock Shuffle Memorial Run / Walk – Lauderdale Lakes, Wisconsin
- March 15 – Saturday – Seamus Scramble 5K – West Bend, Wisconsin
- March 15 – Saturday – Shamrock 'n Run for Kids – Janesville, Wisconsin
- March 15 – Saturday – Shamrock and St. Patrick’s Day 5K – Siren, Wisconsin
- March 15 – Saturday – St. Paddy’s Day 5K / 8K Run/Walk – Lincoln Park – Chicago, Illinois
- March 15 – Saturday – UW-Oshkosh Shamrock Shuffle 5K – Oshkosh, Wisconsin
- March 16 – Sunday – Shamrock Shuffle – Madison, Wisconsin
- March 16 – Sunday – St. Paddy’s Day Dash 5K – Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
- March 16 – Sunday – St. Pat’s Run / Walk 17K / 5K – Kimberly, Wisconsin
As always, race dates and venues may be subject to last-minute changes for Midwestern winter weather surprises and other reasons. Also, race-day registrations may be available at some locations, while others may have closed in advance. Participants and spectators are advised to double-check before setting out for these events.
Are you hosting another running event in the region on this date? Feel free to add details in a comment on this running roundup article.
Regional Run Organizers: Email me with your event details, at least a month in advance, for possible inclusion in upcoming articles. Please include flyers, if available, or tag me on your Facebook event pages.
Running Product Makers and Marketers: Have a top product available for review? Email me with sampling information.
Please note: Thank you for reading and for sharing the link to this article with others. Feel free to +1, Digg, Facebook, Pin, Stumble, Tweet, or otherwise pass the http link along. However, this content is copyrighted, so the actual article (or images) may not be copied and reposted on blogs, social networking sites, websites, or elsewhere.
Readers: You are invited to subscribe (confidentially and free, using the link provided above) to receive e-mail updates whenever this columnist publishes a new article. Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter. You may wish to join this writer's fan page. Be sure to “like” the Running Examiner – Milwaukee and More page on Facebook for news, information, and inspiration for runners.
Writers: Want to learn how you can join Examiner as a columnist in your choice of cities and topics? Email me for details.