Linked In, the premiere online social media platform for business networking, released yesterday their top business and leadership development discussions from 2012.
Leading the list was entrepreneur Richard Branson’s 5 Top Tips for Starting a Successful Business in which he makes the case that You have to do something radically different to stand out in business. Over a half million Linked In users read the article and over 9,000 comments were posted.
Working: A Dangerous Form of Procrastination an interesting take on productivity followed. Gretchen Rubin ‘s article actually takes a look at how to accomplish the most difficult tasks we face. It was read by 238,751 Linked In users
Linked In is a free social media networking site that is specifically designed for business professionals. It contains references, recommendations, user groups, email and other features. Enhanced memberships with more power can be purchased but most users will find the free features to meet their needs.
Linked In offers online networking groups specific to the Detroit area used by entrepreneurs and business owners. To find the best one for you go to the "groups" tab and then enter the phrase "small business Detroit Michigan".
Helpful article series
- 7 Deadly sins of signage.
- 5 Deadly small business mistakes.
- Top tips for using Linked In- a series of the top three best practices for using Linked In to build business.
- Top marketing mistakes- includes a humorous video of leading marketing mistakes.
- Differentiate the right way- a series of articles about best practices in attracting customers.
Business development by the numbers