Linked In is the number one tool of job seekers and human resources professionals looking for jobs or for talented individuals to fill an opening. The online social media platform yesterday released their most read articles for those seeking jobs, career direction or searching for new employees.
Greg McKeown‘s The No. 1 Career Mistake Capable People Make topped the list with over 300,000 readers. The article revealed McKeown’s opinion of how talented people make the same common mistake when building their career.
3 Pieces of Career Advice That Changed My Life by 3 Pieces of Career Advice That Changed My Life came in 3rd with just over a quarter million readers. In the article he identifies three influences that forever changed his career path.
Interviewing was the topic of the third most read Linked In article. The Perfect Job Interview in 8 Simple Steps by Jeff Haden gives advice that helps the job seeker. Haden’s article was read by 218,914 readers.
Linked In is a free social media networking site that is specifically designed for business professionals. Because of the extensive career information available about its users the platform has become a way for job seekers to market themselves to human resources professionals that can, in turn, review the recommendations and references posted on the site.
Linked In offers online networking groups specific to the Detroit area used by HR professionals and job seekers. To find the best one for you go to the "groups" tab and then enter the words "jobs Detroit Michigan".
Other articles and white papers of interest:
- Additional job search tips– home page for several articles
- Grow your resume– educational, certification, and other ways to enhance your resume
- Job search myths– a series separating myths from reality for job seekers.
- Management styles- three types.
- Corporate structures- from entrepreneur to conglomerate.
Top advice during your job search
- How to Find a Job: When There Are No Jobs: a necessary job search book and career planning guide for surviving and prospering in today's hyper competitive job market.
- 301 Smart Answers to Tough Interview Questions.
- Your Social Media Job Search: Use LinkedIn, Twitter, and other tools to get the job you want!