Work time, family time, exercise time, vacation-to-a-warm-island time. Sometimes we need extra motivation to get ski time on the schedule. With extended weekends thanks to Martin Luther King, Jr. Day or President's Weekend already past, that statement's even more true. Good news, skiers: Liftopia has just the ticket. Literally.
Liftopia, which is the largest online marketplace for deals on lift tickets and mountain activities, recently launched one of its biggest sales of the season to coincide with the second annual National Play Hooky and Ski Week. The unofficial holiday runs March 4 through 8, the perfect time to escape work and other obligations and go skiing instead. More than 100 resorts across North America are part of the sale, providing incentives for skiers to take to the mountains with deals that offer up to 84 percent off lift ticket prices.
“With continuous snowstorms hitting many resorts across the country, the second half of winter is shaping up to be a good one for skiers and boarders. Now is the perfect time to forget work and school, pull out the excuses and plan a mountain getaway,” said Ron Schneidermann, co-founder and CMO of Liftopia. “Our ‘National Play Hooky & Ski Week’ sale is a favorite among our customers -- but possibly not their employers -- due to the killer savings, fewer crowds, and more fresh powder that can be found when hitting the slopes mid-week.”
Schneidermann is right. There are fewer crowds midweek after all the locals have hit the highway for home. There's fresh powder to be had and repeat runs to take through it--how many times have you seen a powder dump happen when you're at your desk? And if you don't have a season pass to a favorite ski resort, lift tickets can easily cost $100 or more when you purchase at the ticket window. Some of the sales include:
- Save 50 percent at Alta in Utah with two-day lift tickets starting at $72.50.
- Save 51 percent at Loveland in Colorado with lift tickets starting at $29.99.
- Save 84 percent at Suicide Six in Vermont with lift tickets starting at $7.
- Save 65 percent at Ragged Mountain in New Hampshire with lift tickets starting at $21.99.
- Save 31 percent at Sunday River in Maine with lift tickets starting at $59.00.
- Save 51 percent at Mountain Creek in New Jersey with lift tickets starting at $24.99.
- Save 44 percent at Diamond Peak in the Lake Tahoe area with lift tickets starting at $32.99.
- Save 32 percent at Homewood in the Lake Tahoe area with lift tickets starting at $45.
- Save 78 percent at Caberfae Peaks in Michigan with lift tickets starting at $7.50.
- Save 30 percent at Sun Valley in Idaho with lift tickets starting at $67.
Utah's Canyons, Colorado's Arapahoe Basin, and California's Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows also offer deals during National Play Hooky and Ski Week. The only catch is you have to grab these deals on Liftopia before they're gone--first come first serve. Who's ready to get skiing?