Fresh from the Lifetime Television presses, ladies and gentlemen! I wonder if there will be a quick elimination on the "extra" designer. Word is that this crop of designers are "fragile" and there was some talk about a collapse or two. Here's the news from Lifetime.
More Designers Than Ever in Series History to Compete in Expanded 90-Minute
Version of Television’s Top Fashion Design Series Beginning Thursday, July 29, at 9pm
Actress Selma Blair Serves as Guest Judge for Premiere
Los Angeles, CA (July 14, 2010) – Let the sewing, stitching and snickering begin! The Emmy® Award nominated series, Project Runway, kicks off its eighth season with 17 talented designers – the most in series history – beginning Thursday, July 29, at 9pm ET/PT on Lifetime Television. In the show’s expanded 90-minute format, the new crop of designers will encounter host Heidi Klum, mentor Tim Gunn and judges Michael Kors and Nina Garcia and top-name guest designer and celebrity judges, including actress Selma Blair for the premiere episode, as they face inventive challenges, unexpected eliminations and other surprises along the way. Filmed on location in New York, each episode of the eighth season will feature more couture creations and fashion flubs as the designers attempt to make the cut to show at New York Fashion Week at Lincoln Center. Project Runway is in High-Definition where available.
As part of the winner’s prize package, this season’s victorious designer will receive $100,000 from L’Oréal Paris to start his/her own line, a fashion spread in Marie Claire magazine, a $50,000 technology suite by HP and Intel to create his/her own vision and run his/her business and the opportunity to design and sell an exclusive collection on Piperlime.com. The model paired with the winner of Project Runway will also appear in the designer’s editorial feature in Marie Claire and receive $25,000 from L’Oreal Studio Secrets Professional.
The Project Runway, Season Eight designers are:
· A.J. Thouvenot, 26 - Hometown: St. Louis, MO; Resides in St. Charles, MO
· Andy South, 23 - Hometown: Waipahu, HI; Resides in Honolulu, HI
· April Johnston, 21 - Hometown: Mooresville, NC; Resides in Savannah, GA
· Casanova, 33 - Hometown: Fajardo, Puerto Rico; Resides in Astoria, NY
· Christopher Collins, 30 - Hometown: Encinitas, CA; Resides in San Francisco, CA
· Gretchen Jones, 28 - Hometown: Fairplay, CO; Resides in Portland, OR
· Ivy Higa, 30 - Hometown: Seoul, South Korea/Kaihula-Kona, HI; Resides in New York, NY
· Jason Troisi, 33 - Hometown: Greenwich, CT; Resides in Greenwich, CT
· Kristin Haskins-Simms, 38 - Hometown: Philadelphia, PA; Resides in Philadelphia, PA
· McKell Maddox, 29 - Hometown: Brigham City, UT; Resides in Layton, UT
· Michael Costello, 27 - Hometown: Los Angeles, CA; Resides in Palm Desert, CA
· Michael Drummond, 31 - Hometown: St. Louis, MO; Resides in St. Louis, MO
· Mondo Guerra, 32 - Hometown: Denver, CO; Resides in Denver, CO
· Nicolas D’Aurizio, 31 - Hometown: Hackensack, NJ; Resides in New York, NY
· Peach Carr, 50- Hometown: Winfield, IL; Resides in Lake Forest, IL
· Sarah Trost, 27 - Hometown: Frazier Park, CA; Resides in Toluca Lake, CA
· Valerie Mayen, 28 - Hometown: Corpus Christi, TX; Resides in Cleveland, OH
Last Thursday, Project Runway received two Primetime Emmy nominations, including Outstanding Reality-Competition Program and Outstanding Host for a Reality or Reality-Competition Program for Heidi Klum.