Most people can just take a look at others and guess what their personality may be like, however do you ever enter into someone's kitchen and immediately get a sense of his or her personality based on the space's color or decor? For example, if someone has a minimalist kitchen featuring neutral hues and streamlined appliances, do you get the idea that she has a neat and organized character? Likewise , if you enter a kitchen featuring patterned wallpaper, knit dishtowels, pots on the stove, and cute glass wall decorations, do you gget the impression that its owner is a happy-go-lucky homemaker?
Kitchens of all styles can tell a lot about the homeowner. With the vast array of color-coordination, appliance, and decorations options, there are countless ways to give off a first impression via your kitchen. This may make you think to yourself...what does my kitchen say about me?
Eli Mechlovitz, Home Design Expert and Owner of GlassTileStore.com, put together a quick list to help you discover the effect that your kitchen has on one's first impression of you. Use it to discover what your kitchen says, or try other decor options to express a different side of your personality!
- Light Greens & Blues: From light blue pans to wasabi green dishtowels, to green overhead lampshades, a blue stove, and an aqua and green tile kitchen backsplash, decorating your kitchen with blues and greens tells others that you have a relaxed, tranquil disposition. Your guests will immediately feel at peace and content when they step into your kitchen!
- Colorful Ethnic-Inspired Pallette: Decorating your kitchen with teal blue, khaki, and bright yellow dishtowels and Spanish-style decorations tells others that you are an inspired and cultural being. Choose utensils and a tile kitchen backsplash featuring this ethnic-inspired palette to show off your love for immersing in different cultures!
- Bold & Eye-Catching Colors: Decorating your kitchen with bold colors like royal purple, gold, red, and vibrant blue tells your guests that you are an outgoing and creative right-brained thinker. Choose royal purple dishtowels, shimmery gold pots, a vibrant blue tile kitchen backsplash, and a red kitchen rug to show off your spunky and daring side!
- Messy & Disorderly: If your kitchen is in a state of disarray, meaning there are dirty pots on the stove, dishes stacked up in the sink, and food crumbs and papers on the table, it tells others that you live a hectic lifestyle leaving little time to relax. If you see your kitchen is a cluttered and messy state, schedule 30 minutes in your day to wipe down the counters, throw the dishes in the dishwasher, and get everything organized! This will immediately make you (and your future guest!) feel at ease and comfortable.
- Metallic & Chrome Finishes: If you have a chrome refrigerator and stove and a kitchen backsplash featuring mixed metals and metallic tile, this kitchen style tells others that you are a confident go-getter driven by success. It also helps others know that you love entertaining and would be the first person to throw a fantastic wine and cheese party!
- Black & White: If your kitchen has black counters, white cupboards, black pots and pans, a black, white, and gray tile kitchen backspash, and black polka dot dishtowels, this tells others you have a sophisticated and confident disposition. Choose black and white color palette for your kitchen to show off your cosmopolitan and modish side!
- Home-Sweet-Home Cozy: From dishtowels featuring knitted animals to pans on the stove, fruit pattern wallpaper, and plush kitchen table chairs, this style tells other you are a happy-go-lucky homemaker. It gives off the impression that you are nurturing and want all your guests fed and cheerful!
- Minimalist & Neutralized: Choosing streamlined, ergonomic appliances and a tile kitchen backsplash featuring a neutral palette lets others know you are a neat, organized, and left-brained critical thinker who dislikes clutter and values efficiency. It also tell others that you are a fan of writing and accomplishing to-do lists and getting things done in a timely manner.
If you have been wondering for a while what your kitchen tells others about you, Eli Mechlovitz's list above should help. In addition to discovering your kitchen's first impression of you, use the above list to show off a different facet of your personality! You can add an affordable and inspiring tile kitchen backspash from GlassTileStore.com to express a different side of your personality and sow off your individuality!
Our first impressions in life outside of our kitchens can be very similar, for instance, if your hair is an untamed mess many people with notice that our lives are hectic, where a person in a very polished every-hair-in-place look will give the impression that we are precise. Most of the time our hair matches our lifestyles and our lifestyles determine our looks inside our homes and on our heads as well.