In order to live a healthier, happier life, we must make changes. Eating right and exercising are not temporary fixes to a problem. They need to become a part of your everyday life. The easiest way to make the transition is to start off with small changes you can stick with. Then gradually increase changes until it is a way of life. Here are some simple changes you can make today:
- Pay attention to what you are eating. Make sure you’re not reaching into the candy jar at work. Also, snacking while you cook or finishing what the kids leave on their plates may not seem like much, but all that extra food adds extra calories, so be careful.
- It’s best to go shopping when you are not starving. You tend to make smarter food choices and less impulse purchases. Stick to a specific list. If you don’t have it in your house, you can’t eat.
- Start you’re day with a healthy breakfast. It kick starts you’re metabolism and gives your body fuel to begin the day. They don’t call it the most important meal of the day for nothing. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/orange-banana-smoothie-recipe/index.html
- Continue eating regular meals and healthy snacks throughout the day to keep your body fueled and full. Feeling satisfied will ward off that hard to control temptation.
- Eat your meals sitting at the table without any other distractions. Concentrate on what and how much you’re eating. When we eat in front of a tv or computer, we’re not focused on the eating at all. We need to pay attention to our bodies and what we’re putting into them.