Maggie Baird, an unschooling mom and actress in Los Angeles, CA discovered the secret to being an engaged unschooling mom, and following her own bliss. “This has been a big parenting lesson for me,” Maggie said. “You can actually do it all—as long as you take it really slowly.” Maggie’s family and a good portion of her homeschool support group were actively involved in making the film.
In 2000, Baird recorded a CD of her own music called “My Father’s Daughter.” In 2010, she started writing a screenplay with her good friend Lori Nasso, a fellow actress and former “Saturday Night Live” writer. A year and a half later, “Life Inside out” was ready to become a movie. The kickstarter campaingn in 2012 was a success, raising 118% of funds to make the movie.
Presently, the film is on tour with two upcoming festivals in Palatine, Illinois and Cape Cod.
- Black Hills Film Festival - Best Feature Film!!
- The Lighthouse International Film Festival - Audience Award
Two festivals coming up:
- Blue Whiskey Film Festival in Palatine, Illinois - Saturday, July 26, 2014 at 2 p.m.
- The Woods Hole Film Festival in Cape Cod - Saturdays, July 26 and Aug 2 at 9 p.m.
To learn about the making of the film: Check out the blog “How Many Homeschoolers Does it Take to Make a Movie?” and the blog post "Follow Your Bliss."
To help spread the word:
- "Like" the Facebook Page - Life Inside Out Facebook Page
- Follow them on Twitter @liothemovie
- Comment and share posts