Looking for a job? The Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County is offering help to job-seekers on the quest for new or improved employment. Here are some of the programs the library is now offering job-seekers:
- Free help with the basics: If the last time you looked for a job was when applications were accepted on paper, you might be overwhelmed by how things are done. Learn how to use a computer's mouse, sign up for an email account, and create a Facebook account when you "Book a Librarian". Appointments available at the Miami Township branch.
- Amp up your skills: Want to learn Word, Excel or PowerPoint to make yourself marketable to an employer? Sign up for a "Technology Appointment" or "Make An Appointment With Technology". Choose the branch that's most convenient to you. Times available at Westwood, West End, Madeira, Monfort Heights, Green Township, Mt. Healthy, Clifton and Harrison.
- Career coaching: Would you like to change careers, but not sure where your strengths could take you? Take a career assessment test or talk with a job coach online when you attend a "Jobseeker Appointment". Times available at Deer Park or the Main library.
- For entrepreneurs: If you dream of becoming your own boss, attend a session for like-minded entrepreneurs. Get information on patents, trademarking your idea, and how to search databases owned by the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Contact the Main Library for registration information on the classes that discuss patents.
- Bilingual employees wanted: Are you seeking a position where bilingual qualifications are highly desired? If you spoke or still speak Spanish, keep your language skills current by attending a Spanish Language Discussion Group. Groups meet at the Corryville and Sharonville libraries.
Like this article? Get more Cincinnati Personal Finance news by subscribing to email updates by clicking the “Subscribe” button above.