You may not be able to buy it in the U.S. right now, but it's coming.
It looks like LG has come of age when it comes to smartphones with the G3.
This phone is simple and smart. The G3 is the result of customer's opinions combined with technology advances.
"The smartest innovation in a fast evolving smartphone market is creating harmony between advanced technology and a simplified user experience," said Dr. Jong-seok Park, president and CEO of the LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company. "The LG G3 is the result of our effort to actualize that idea into a tangible product. And we are extremely pleased with the result."
Per LG, here are some of the specs of the G3:
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 801 (up to 2.5GHz Quad-Core)
- Display: 5.5-inch Quad HD IPS (2560 x 1440, 538ppi)
- Memory: 16/32GB eMMC ROM / 2/3GB DDR3 RAM / microSD slot (128GB max)
- Camera: Rear 13.0MP with OIS+ and Laser Auto Focus / Front 2.1MP
- Battery: 3,000mAh (removable)
- Operating System: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Size: 146.3 x 74.6 x 8.9mm
- Weight: 149g
- Network: 4G / LTE / HSPA+ 21 Mbps (3G)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth Smart Ready (Apt-X), NFC, SlimPort, A-GPS/Glonass, USB 2.0
- Color: Metallic Black, Silk White, Shine Gold, Moon Violet, Burgundy Red
- Other: Smart Keyboard, Smart Notice, Knock CodeTM , Guest Mode, etc.
What stands out to me is the 5.5" screen, the 13MP camera with a stabilizer, and it's fingerprint resistant skin that makes up the cover. This might be the perfect smartphone for selfies.
Something pretty cool, Spring will be the only carrier to offer the U.S. version of LG G3 in a Shine Gold color along with the super-high-speed network capability of Sprint Spark. It will be available for purchase later this summer.
David Owens, senior vice president of Product, Sprint, says this Spring exclusive is great for Spring customers.
“Sprint and LG have a strong history of innovation together – LG G3 powered by Sprint Spark continues that legacy by offering our customers the new smartphone in a Sprint exclusive, Shine Gold color. What’s even better is Sprint customers can enjoy LG G3’s powerful 13MP camera, 5.5-inch Quad HD display, and the power of Sprint Spark, paired with the Sprint Framily Plan without worrying about sharing data.”
The camera has new features and improved microphones that adjust to the optimal audio level, you get crisp and clear recordings. As far as sound coming out, a built-in 1Watt speakers with a Boost AMP will allow you to listen to your favorite music and videos.
You can see more at www.lg.com.