Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden has made USA Today’s list of nominations in the “10 Best Reader’s Choice” poll for Best Public Garden. From tropical destinations to urban settings and coastal locations, these top 20 public gardens are located across the United States and Canada.
The popular Richmond, Virginia garden attraction is now asking the public to vote to put it in the number one spot. Nature and plant lovers can vote for their favorite garden daily until noon on March 31, 2014. Simply go online to www.10best.com/awards/travel/best-public-garden to vote. The winners will be announced April 2, 2014.
The top 20 North American gardens were chosen by garden expert, author and lecturer Cindy Brockway. They are as follows:
- Bloedel Reserve, Bainbridge Island, Washington
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden, Brooklyn, New York
- Buthcart Gardens, Victoria, B.C.
- Callaway Gardens, Pine Mountain, Georgia
- Cheekwood Botanical Garden, Nashville, Tennessee
- Chicago Botanic Garden, Chicago, Illinois
- Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens, Boothbay, Maine
- Denver Botanic Gardens, Denver, Colorado
- Desert Botanical Garden, Phoenix, Arizona
- Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden, Miami, Florida
- Franklin Park Conservatory, Columbus, Ohio
- Huntington Botanical Garden, Los Angeles, California
- Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden, Richmond, Virginia
- Longwood Gardens, Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
- Missouri Botanical Garden, St. Louis, Missouri
- National Tropical Botanical Garden, Hawaii
- Portland Japanese Garden, Portland, Oregon
- Ruth Bancroft Garden, Walnut Creek, California
- United States Botanic Garden, Washington, D.C.
- Wave Hill, Bronx, New York
Lewis Ginter is currently placed at number two, with Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania in first place and Cheekwood Botanical Garden in Nashville, Tennessee in third place.
Keep up with all of the latest attractions, events and travel-related news by clicking subscribe at the top of the page, connecting on Facebook or following on Twitter. Be sure to visit SomewhereInTheSand.com for even more travel topics, family fun and witty commentary.