Last time, we enjoyed dancing with the letter D activities. This week, we're having fun with the letter F.
Words that begin with the letter F are: Fun, friends, food, fruit, fish, feelings, funny, flamingo, frog, and flower.
- Fresh or frozen fruit
- French toast, french bread, or french fries
Arts & Crafts:
- Print or draw a lower case letter "f". Have the children paint or color the "F", then add eyes, a mouth, and some fins for F is for Fish. See our slideshow for an example of our fish. You could also turn the letter "f" into a flower.
- Make a fairy wand using some foam or felt and craft sticks.
- Make a collage by gluing different colored feathers on a piece of cardstock. Talk about the different colors, and how soft the feathers feel.
- Turn your water table into a fish tank or the ocean using bath fish. Talk about the fish and their different colors and sizes.
- Make some frogs out of felt or foam. Have the children practice counting the frogs or putting them in order by size.
Music & Movement:
- These flutes are a great way for the children to make music.
- Sing some of these Letter F songs at Everything Preschool.
- Visit a local fire department or farm.
- Have fun with felt during your story times.
- Read the book Baby Happy Baby Sad by Leslie Patricelli and talk about feelings.
- The Very Lonely Firefly by Eric Carle
- Fish is Fish by Leo Lionni
To be notified of additional posts from the Boston Early Childhood Examiner, click "Subscribe" at the top of the page.