Last week we looked at the letter C. This week we are really anxious to play with the letter A. Feel free to pick and choose the activities you feel are most appropriate based on the age and abilities of your children.
Some words that begin with the letter A are: airport, airplane, apple, avocado, asparagus, acorn, and apricot.
Arts & Crafts:
- Slice an apple in half and have the children dip the pieces in paint to make apple prints.
- Check out First School for some great letter A crafts including animal crafts.
Math & Science:
- Create this numbered apple tree match from Green Olives & Ham.
- Check out our Olive project and create a similar game using photos of apples or apricots.
Music & Movement:
- Alligator Pie by Dennis Lee
- For more letter A songs, check out DLTK.
- Turn your dramatic play area into an airport. Use a long piece of cardboard as the runway. Include toy airplanes, luggage, and boarding passes. Have some dress up clothes so the children can take turns being the passengers and the pilots. Check out photos of Logan Airport for some inspiration.
- Alligator Alphabet by Stella Blackstone and Stephanie Bauer
- Apple, Apple Alligator by William Accorsi
- Alligator Arrived With Apples by Crescent Dragonwagon