Football season is winding down. The Super Bowl is approaching quickly and the teams have been set. There's no hope of a California team winning the big game this year, but that's still no excuse to not have a great party. These spicy game day nacho make a perfect pre-game snack.
Game Day Nachos
1 medium bag corn tortilla chips
6 oz shredded cheddar
3 oz cubed pepper jack
1/2 cup milk
1 tbsp flour
1 tbsp butter
2 -3 large tomatoes cubed
1 red onion, diced
1 bunch cilantro
2 cloves garlic, minced finely
1 lime, juiced and zested
12 oz. pork chorizo, browned
salt and pepper to taste
sour cream (optional)
- Cook chorizo until done and slightly crispy in a medium saute pan over medium high heat.
- Drain grease from pan.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Place the bag of chips on a sheet tray, then place in the oven to warm
- In a medium sauce pan, heat butter over medium heat
- Add flour and whisk until combined.
- Add milk, and stir until milk is thickened
- Add cheese, and stir until melted
- Place tomato, onion, garlic and cilantro in a bowl.
- Add lime juice and zest, then stir to combine
- Season to taste.
- Remove sheet tray from oven and place chips on a plate or in a serving bowl
- Top chips with cheese, chorizo, sour cream (if desired) and pico de gallo.