How often do you find yourself daydreaming of being somewhere other than here? If you answer, often than you are not alone. Every single one of us desire an escape sometimes. Then the real world hits you. Work, children, and bills to pay each month leave us asking, who has the time to travel?! The key is setting a budget and making a plan with your travels. If the destination is New York City, London, or even Sydney; it’s possible to have that dream vacation that’s nice to your wallet.
- Think realistically. It’s lovely to assume that you can stay at 5 Star hotels and afford to eat at $20 per meal gourmet kitchens; but the reality is you will have to settle for the equivalent to a nice Holiday Inn and eat at the local restaurants, with everyone else. Reasonably think about how much you can afford to spend and work with that amount.
- Figure in all of the expenses you will be accruing. This includes airline tickets, hotel stays, food, souvenirs, and all of the little things in between.
- Keep a little back. Odds are, you’ll spend unwanted money on something you absolutely have to have or do while on vacation. We all do! Add in a little extra money to cover what you may possibly spend. Better safe than sorry!
- Forget to make lists or even use that spreadsheet on your computer!
- Look at vacation like a dream and it's impossible to ever go. You absolutely can go! It can easily happen as long as you save, budget, and prepare for your journey.
With 2013 starting, there is no better time to start saving for the summer than now!