Listen up ladies! It’s time to move on and change up those daily routines of yours. Of course every woman wants to feel beautiful and look her best, but what many don’t know, is looking your best can really harm you. Make-up is almost always the go-to solution for every woman. But if you’re going to wear make-up, always remember the less you wear the better!
Foundation is a key element of most make-up routines. But, when you’re in the store picking out that perfect shade, the brands do not feel the need to share the harmful effects of their products. The chemical combinations found in foundations can cause so much damage to skin, that it poses the question: Is it worth it?
Foundations can harm the skin in two huge ways:
- Clog pores/Cause blockages: Blocking airflow to the pores can create oil and dirt build-ups causing acne to become a problem, even if it has not affected you before.
- Dryness: No one wants dry skin, and absolutely no one wants his or her skin to peel. Skin dryness can then lead to itching and redness.
How can the damages be corrected/prevented?
- Washing your face twice daily can really improve skin’s moisture (Ultimate Clean Foaming Face Wash from Ulta Beauty works really well and costs around $10). If you want that extra deep clean feel, many prefer using Hydrogen Peroxide on a Cotton Round to clean the face.
- Use moisturizer! Ladies this cannot be stressed enough. Your skin needs to be kept hydrated, and moisturizer can help majorly. Neutrogena has a great facial moisturizer that works wonders and is even SPF 15.
- Avoid using foundation: The whole point of good skincare is to have healthy skin and feel comfortable in it. The best way to achieve it? Stray away from foundations and flaunt your natural beauty!
Contact Alyssa Gates at email@example.com