Citrus fruit salad
1 large mango, peeled and diced
2 cups fresh blueberries
2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
2 cups seedless grapes, halved
2 nectarines, unpeeled and sliced
1 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
Honey orange sauce
1/3 cup unsweetened orange juice
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 1/2 tablespoons honey
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 dash nutmeg
- Prepare the fruit by peeling, slicing, dicing as needed. Place in serving bowl, refrigerate
- Combine all the ingredients for honey orange sauce and mix.
- Just before serving, pour honey orange sauce over the fruit, serve.
Lemon Bundt Cake
1 (18 ounce) box lemon cake mix
1 small box instant lemon pudding
4 large eggs
1 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons lemon extract (optional)
juice of 1 lemon
zest of 1 lemon
1/2 cup oil
- Preheat oven as directed.
- Mix all ingredients and bake as directed.
- You can use a Bundt pan or 2 large loaf pans.
- These cakes can be wrapped and frozen for 30 days and still taste fresh and delicious.
Lemon Blueberry Cake
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup light butter
1/2 cup light butter
4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
3 large eggs
1 large egg white
3 cups flour, divided
2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (8 ounce) carton lemon low fat yogurt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup powdered sugar
4 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat sugar, butter and cream cheese at medium speed till well blended
- Add eggs and egg white, 1 at a time, till each is well blended.
- Measure out and save 2 tablespoons of flour, set aside.
- Add remaining flour to batter with baking powder, soda, and salt.
- Add yogurt and mix well.
- Mix remaining flour with blueberries till coated.
- Add blueberries and vanilla, mix by hand to incorporate berries without mashing.
- Bake in a greased pan at 350 degrees for 70 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool for 10 minutes and remove from pan.
- In a small bowl mix lemon juice and powdered sugar till syrupy then drizzle over cake.
To find out 3 easy ways to zest a lemon, please see http://tipnut.com › Food › Food Tips.