Recently we started looking at simple recipes for simple to make items. Today we’re going to add an item that can satisfy your sweet tooth without wrecking your diet.
The recipe is for lemon protein bars.
1 cup oat flour
2 scoops vanilla whey protein
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 qt mix Crystal Light (preferably without aspartame)
4 egg whites
1/2 cup Truvia
8 oz baby food applesauce
4 oz water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix oat flour, vanilla whey protein, salt, baking soda and crystal light, in large bowl.
3. Mix egg whites, truvia, applesauce and water in a bowl.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together.
5. Spray 8x8 glass pyrex dish with non-stick butter spray.
6. Pour ingredients into dish.
7. Bake 23 minutes.
Makes 16 squares, 2 squares per serving. A serving is 86 calories, 9 grams of protein and 10 grams of carbs.