Legoland Florida has a busy calendar of events for 2013, including Star Wars Days to celebrate the newest addition to Miniland USA that opened in November, 2012. Here's a quick summary of what you can expect at the park in the coming year:
- Junior Master Model Builders competitions: These quarterly competitions start on January 26 and 27 with a Lego City theme, followed by the Yoda Chronicles on May 4 and 5. The next contest is on July 4 and 5, with an Independence Day theme. The final theme is Lego Chima on November 9 and 10. Winners of the quarterly contests get prizes and the chance to participate in the year-end Ultimate Build-Off.
- Lego Friends Weekend: February 9 and 10 brings a special daytime celebration for girls, themed to the popular Lego characters. The event includes games, character greetings, building activities, and entertainment.
- Lego Star Wars Days: May 4 and 5 brings a Star Wars-themed celebration to the park, with a Yoda-themed building activity and Yoda scavenger hunt.
- Red, Brick & Boom: Celebration July 4th with fireworks on three nights. The event runs July 4, 5, and 6, and special glasses transform the fireworks into exploding Lego bricks.
- Brick-or-Treat: Every weekend in October kids can trick or treat in the park. There's also a haunted scavenger hunt, building activities, and a giant Lego jack-o-lantern.
- Christmas Bricktacular: December weekends bring Santa and a 30-foot Lego tree to Legoland Florida, along with a scavenger hunt, carols, special photo opportunities, and other holiday fun.
- Countdown to Kids New Years Eve Party: The New Years countdown to 2014 starts early at Legoland Florida. Every night between December 26 and 31, fireworks go off at the kid friendly time of 6 p.m. New Years Eve brings a DJ, giant Lego brick drop, and other fun.