It’s all glitz and glamour as the beloved LEGO® Friends - Olivia, Andrea, Stephanie, Emma and Mia – return to LEGOLAND® Florida to host a weekend of fabulous fun Feb. 9-10. The second annual LEGO Friends Weekend is a daytime party geared to girls ages 2 to 12. This razzle-dazzle event puts girls in the spotlight and lets them celebrate their individuality with a chance to walk the pink carpet, build LEGO creations with Olivia and sing like a rock star with Andrea.
Event details include:
- Live from the Pink Carpet with Emma & Stephanie – Market Restaurant, 9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. - Make a superstar entrance to the LEGO Friends weekend. Girls feel famous as they walk the pink carpet with two of their favorite LEGO Friends, Emma & Stephanie. Be sure to stop and pose for fashion photos from the star-struck paparazzi.
- Olivia’s Girls Just Wanna Build Bash – Fun Town Plaza, 9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. - Olivia and LEGOLAND Model Builder, Angie are building masterful LEGO creations and need your help. Stop by to see how much fun building with friends can be!
- Mia’s Missing Animal Search – Cypress Gardens, 9:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. - Mia needs your help to find her missing animals. Families have fun as they hunt together through the historic Cypress Gardens to find Mia’s favorite furry friends. Once you find all Mia’s animals, place your turn in your tracking guide for your chance to win a prize.
- Rising Star Sing-a-Along – Miniland USA, 12:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. - Andrea is looking for new talent! Show her what you’ve got during her show-stopping Karaoke sessions.
- A LEGO Friends Special , “A New Girl in Town” - Wells Fargo 4D Theatre, 11:45 a.m., 12:45 p.m., 2:45 p.m., 3:45 p.m. - Check out all your LEGO Friends on the big screen. Olivia is new in town, and she can't wait to make new friends. So she volunteers to help out at the pet adoption booth at the Heartlake City World Petacular. But after a few mishaps, Olivia's made four brand-new enemies. There's only one way to repair the damage - teamwork! Can Olivia, Andrea, Emma, Mia, and Stephanie work together to put things right in time for the Petacular?
- A LEGO Friends Special Premiere Wrap Party – Miniland USA, 5:00 p.m. - The LEGO Friends Special, “A New Girl in Town”, was a success and now it’s time to party like a star! Join all your LEGO Friends for a dance party celebration.
- LEGO Friends Farewell – Market Restaurant, 5:45 p.m. - The LEGO Friends Party might be ending, but the friendship will last forever. Come say goodnight to all your LEGO Friends.
LEGO Friends Weekend is included with park admission and guests will have complete access to a full day of theme park fun with more than 50 rides, shows and attractions. LEGOLAND® Florida is a 150-acre interactive theme park dedicated to families with children between the ages of 2 and 12. With more than 50 rides, shows and attractions and the all-new water park, LEGOLAND is geared towards family fun! There are currently five other LEGOLAND Parks in the world – LEGOLAND California in Carlsbad, LEGOLAND Billund in Denmark, LEGOLAND Deutschland near Günzburg, Germany and LEGOLAND Windsor outside of London and just opened LEGOLAND Malaysia —the sixth LEGOLAND Park and first in Asia. The LEGOLAND theme parks are a part of Merlin Entertainments Group, the second largest attractions operator in the world.
The best way to experience LEGOLAND Florida is with the new LEGOLAND Florida Resident Pass starting at just $10 per month after a down payment, (only $159 for adults, only $129 for children/seniors). Pass members receive unlimited admission for 12 months to LEGOLAND Florida and the LEGOLAND Water Park, as well as all other Merlin US attractions (LEGOLAND California Resort & Water Park, LEGOLAND Discovery Centers, Sea Life Centers and Madame Tussauds), free parking and 10% off food and merchandise with no black-out dates. The Monthly Payment Plan includes a down payment of $57.24 with a monthly payment of $9.26 for an adult and a $46.44 down payment with a monthly payment of only $7.51 (pre-tax) for a child/senior.
Be sure to subscribe to this column, travel to some of the greatest local getaways around, all from the comfort of your desktop (or laptop, or PDA, or smartphone!) If you have a favorite local attraction you'd like to see profiled, please let me know. Also, be sure to follow me on twitter, and read my articles about motorsports, HOAs, elections, and restaurants.