As journalists, we're supposed to be objective. However, as I write this, a small kitten named Bob is curled up purring in my lap. With an admitted bias when it comes to the benefits of cat ownership, let's consider how that purr enhances your health.
According to Care2, a purring cat can:
- Reduce your blood pressure.
- Relieve anxiety.
- Reduce the risk of heart attack.
- Heal soft tissue.
- Heal bones.
- Heal soft tissue injuries.
- Live longer.
And pet ownership in general can:
- Help you exercise more.
- Feel less alone.
- Reduce depression.
- Boost your immune system.
Are you seeking a purr-fect gift for your cat or a cat lover? My kitten Bob and I recommend:
- Enchant your cat by whirling the Cat Dancer 301 Cat Charmer Interactive Cat Toy (click for details).
- Is your cat meowing for entertainment? Respond with the Catit Design Senses Play Circuit (click for details).
- Bob gets excited at the sight of this toy. Run around and enjoy kitty aerobics to the max with the GoCat Cat Catcher Teaser Wand with a Mouse (click for details).