You probably heard a lot about loom bands, especially if you have children. Loom bands are one of the easiest craft projects for kids and adults to enjoy making together. Maybe you have spotted friends or others wearing these amazing bracelets and now want to learn how to make your own creative jewelry.
Here we will try to explain everything you will need in order to get started making a basic loom band bracelet, including materials, instructions and project ideas.
To get started you will need the right materials. Here is what is required to make rubber loom band jewelry:
A Rubber Band Loom – These are available pretty much everywhere from craft stores, department stores and online. Joann’s typically has them on sale at a pretty good price and be sure to use your Joann’s coupons. The Rainbow Loom is the most popular loom and has lots of great projects available find the Rainbow Loom on Amazon.
Loom Bands for Projects – Be sure you are purchasing good quality bands so they are not likely to snap. They come in large packs of 600 or more and are latex free. The large quantities will make a whole bunch of bracelets more than you can imagine in a wide range of colors!
Chain Bracelet Instructions – This type of bracelet is great for the beginner starting out on a loom. It is one of the easiest designs you can create. There is also instructions for a fishtail bracelet that is pretty easy to make. You can find the instructions for a basic bracelet here or check out the Snapguide step-by-step instructions Joann’s has on their site which can be made with or without a loom.
Basic instructions for making a loom bracelet
Materials needed: Approximately 20 stretch rubber bands and 1 C Clip.
1. Using stretch bands in different colors and c clips to get started.
2. Fold a rubber band in half and attach a “c” clip to it.
3. Squeeze the stretch band and loop it through the attached stretch band. Continue this pattern until you reach the length desired.
4. Continue with your pattern until you finish.
5. Once you have reached your desired length of bracelet, attach your “c” clip with your last folded stretch band to close.
6. Once you have attached your “c” clip you’re finished and now have a cool bracelet to wear!
7. Make several bracelets to wear together or exchange with friends!
Be sure to check out these free projects using rubber band looms
Don’t forget to organize your loom bands so little ones don’t get a hold of them and to keep them neat and in order for quick projects!
Subscribe to my Examiner Pages and Blogs for More Fun Stuff
· Be sure to follow me on my Facebook Page
For more project ideas and fun
Free Online Classes: