The Rogers Park Business Alliance (RPBA) and Alderman Joe Moore of Ward 49 are sponsoring the annual Special Service Areas (SSA) meeting at 6:30 p.m., on Thurs., Dec. 12th, at Good to Go Jamaican Cuisine located at 1947 W. Howard.
Guests must RSVP by noon on Thurs., if they'd like to attend. Contact Carolina Juarez at cjaurez@rogers-park or call 773-508-5885.
According to Rogers Park's site, SSA-funded projects typically include "public way maintenance and beautification, district marketing and advertising, business retention/attraction, special events and promotional activities, auto and bike transit, security, façade improvements, and other commercial and economic development initiatives."
SSA north side Chicago neighborhoods are:
- Howard, on the south side of the street from Sheridan to Ridge
- Howard, on the north side of the street from Sheridan to Paulina
- Paulina, from Rogers to Jonquil
- Rogers, from Howard to Clark Street
- Clark, from Wallen to Birchwood
- Morse, from Sheridan to Clark
- Glenwood, from Farwell to Greenleaf
- Lunt, from Clark to Ravenswood
- Ravenswood, from Lunt to Greenleaf
- Greenleaf, from Clark to Ravenswood
- Sheridan, from Devon to Farwell
RPBA is also participating in the 2013 Shop Rogers Park Rebate Program from Nov. 22 to Dec. 31 where consumers can receive up to $50 cash back for shopping in Rogers Park. Click here for details.
Follow Shamontiel on Pinterest for all her latest Chicago news and events entries, or subscribe to her Chicago News & Events channel at the top of this page.