Did you know you can check out e-books and e-audiobooks from the Albuquerque Bernalillo County (ABC) libraries? Do you have an Kindle or Nook e-reader, but not sure how to use it? Do you want to learn how to check out e-books from the library? The ABC libraries offer the Gizmo Garage to adult users who need help using these new technologies. The libraries offer the general Gizmo Garage classes at most ABC library branches; there are no reservations required, just bring in your device and get answers to your questions. The ABC libraries also offer specialized Gizmo Garage classes, such as one on the new e-magazine service called Zinio. There is also a Gizmo Garage class for users with devices that can use apps. Call your local ABC library branch if you have questions as to which Gizmo Garage class best fits your needs. Here is the information on some upcoming Gizmo Garage sessions.
- November 2, 10:30 - noon. Juan Tabo Library. Gizmo Garage drop-in tech session.
- November 6, 2:30-3:30 p.m. Cherry Hills Library, Gizmo Garage Zinio Magazines session.
- November 6, 3:30-4:30 p.m. Alamosa Library. Gizmo Garage.
- November 7, 4-5 p.m. Los Griegos Library. Zinio Magazines session.
- November 8, 1:30-2:30 p.m. Erna Fergusson Library. Zinio Magazines session.
If you have an e-reader or a tablet and want help using it with the library resources, the librarians at the Gizmo Garage sessions can help.
Enjoy this article? Receive e-mail alerts when new articles are available. Just click on the "subscribe" button above. Thank you for reading and thank you for sharing this article with others.