Orlando area commuters will have an opportunity to preview the new SunRail trains and stations at scheduled Train Tour events throughout March and April. The SunRail light rail will provide an option to driving on heavily travelled and often congested I-4 during morning and afternoon commutes. Using public transportation such as light rail trains reduces carbon emissions into the air and fuel demands.
Beginning Monday, March 3, 2014 in Winter Park the SunRail is inviting the community to view the Winter Park train station, tour the train and meet SunRail staff. The public can board and tour the train which has Wi-Fi, comfortable seating, double-decker views and more. SunRail representatives will be available to answer questions. For those people who have made the decision to use the SunRail for travel, reusable SunCards will be available for on-site purchase, as well.
The following schedule of Train Tour events, in the order of their occurrence, are open to the public and free to attend:
- Winter Park Station - Monday, March 3 at 10:30 a.m. to noon
- Debary Station- Saturday, March 29 at 9:15 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Sand Lake Road Station - Sunday, March 30 at 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Florida Hospital Health Village Station - Thursday, April 3 at 6:30 a.m. to 9:45 a.m.
- Lynx Central Station - Friday, April 4 at 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. ("Lunch and Learn" with Food Trucks)
- Lake Mary Station - Saturday, April 5 at 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (in conjunction with the city's Family Fun Event)
- Sanford Station - Saturday, April 5 at 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Orlando Health/Amtrak Station - Wednesday, April 9 at 6:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
- Church Street Station - Thursday, April 10 at 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Maitland Station - Friday, April 11 at 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Altamonte Springs Station - Saturday, April 12 at 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. (in conjunction with American Cancer Society's Relay for Life Event)
- Longwood Station - Saturday, April 12 at 5:45 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. (in conjunction with the Car Show in Downtown Lake Mary)
Service is scheduled to begin on May 1, 2014.
For more information about fares and route visit the SunRail website.