Today’s recipe feature is the color of money with Leah’s Green Gazpacho! This elegant soup will cleanse and fill you with garden wonders and just the right amount of flavor accents you’ll enjoy – onion, garlic, avocado and jalapeno. So, take a trip to the garden or your farmers’ market and gather up all of the goodness you’ll need to make this delicious dish. Healthy and joyous eating!
Leah’s Green Gazpacho (Recipe courtesy Leah Elisheva)
- 2 pounds green tomatoes, rinsed and quartered
- 1 large hothouse cucumber, rinsed and cut into chunks
- 1 large white or yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove of Elephant garlic
- 1 jalapeno, seeds and stem removed
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and quartered
- 1/4 cup Spanish olive oil
- The juice of two limes
- 1 handful fresh mint
- 1 handful fresh cilantro
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Place all ingredients into a food processor and blend until chunky or smooth (your choice). Chill for one hour. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve. Yield = 6 to 8 generous servings.