Every year, Ellen DeGeneres dons her Santa hat and celebrates the season of giving with “12 Days of Giveaways,” which is very similar to Oprah’s “Favorite Things.” However, Ellen’s version stretches out for twelve whole days. On Dec. 12, Lea Michele from “Glee” joined Ellen on day six of the gift-giving extravaganza. Concerning her desire to make others happy during the holiday season, Ellen told the “LA Times:”
With Christmas, as you get older, it’s about the joy you get from giving and seeing the reaction of the other person.
At the beginning of the show, Ellen sat down for a serious chat with Lea Michele about life after Corey Monteith. The “Glee” star said emotionally, “It’s certainly been a pretty rough year.” However, she added that she is doing much better, thanks to the on-going support and love from family, friends and fans. “I’ve been surrounded by such great people,” Lea told Ellen on Thursday. She explained that going to work is one way to recover from the tragic loss of her boyfriend and co-star. “At the end of the day, I feel so safe there.” Lea also talked about her relationship with Corey and stated, “I just thought he was the greatest man.”
After chatting with Ellen, Lea Michele brilliantly performed her single “Cannonball” off her new solo album titled “Louder.” She said that the song is about finding light at the end of the tunnel. Go to the Ellen Show on YouTube to see Lea Michele’s interview in its entirety.
To herald in another “12 Days of Giveaways” segment, Ellen once again tricked her audience. She said that during the commercial breaks, her audience dances. However, one person was unable to finish her dance. So, Ellen invited her to stand up and dance away. She did just that, but fell into the safety railing and down one level. The audience let out a collective gasp, but when the “Giveaways” music started playing, everyone realized that it was a prank.
Day six focused on many of Ellen’s favorite things. Below were the gifts (which totaled $2,700 in value) that were given to each and every member in the studio audience on Thursday, Dec. 12.
- $100 Toys R Us gift card
- $100 Ellen Shop gift card
- $200 Shell gift card
- $300 Shutterfly gift card
- $500 5-year subscription to Netflix
- $300 Venue 8 tablet from Dell
- $1000 4-day vacation at any Intercontinental hotel
- $300 Limited edition “Ellen” Beats headphones
Below were the gifts from day five of “12 Days of Giveaways” in 2013 ($3,500 total value):
- $300 Petco gift card
- $300 Cost Plus World Market gift card
- $400 Toys R Us gift card
- $500 Container Store gift card
- $2,000 3-day, 2-night stay at Red Rock Resort in Las Vegas
Below were the gifts from day four of “12 Days of Giveaways” in 2013 ($1,700 total value):
- $250 Kindle Fire HD Wi-Fi tablet
- $100 Fitbit Flex wireless activity & sleep wristband
- $250 Deck by Sol Republic wireless speaker
- $300 Executive Beats by Dr. Dre headphones
- $500 RadioShack gift card
- $300 Visa gift card
Below were the gifts from day three of “12 Days of Giveaways” in 2013 ($2,700 total value):
- $400 Dyson Animal vacuum cleaner
- $250 Philips Sonicare DiamondClean powered toothbrush
- $150 Pebble Smartwatch
- $600 Warner Bros. 100-film DVD collection
- $550 Insignia 50” flat screen TV
- $750 Canon EOS Rebel SLI camera
Below were the gifts from day two of “12 Days of Giveaways ($2,149 total value):
- $250 Whole Foods gift card
- $600 Vitamix professional blender
- $500 Breville Youbrew coffeemaker
- $500 Calphalon cookware set
- $299 Beats Pill portable speaker
Below were the gifts from day one of “12 Days of Giveaways” ($1,700 total value):
- $1500 Target gift card
- $200 American Express gift card
After five days, the total value of “12 Days of Giveaways” stands at $14,449.
In 2013, Ellen DeGeneres is once again giving viewers at home several opportunities to win the prizes from her “12 Days of Giveaways.” She calls it “12 Chances To Win 12 Days. Below is how you can participate and register to win.
- Ellen website: Every day, ten winners will receive all of the giveaways from that day.
- Facebook: Ellen’s Facebook fans get a chance to win each of the 12 Days of Giveaways.
- Twitter: Follow Ellen on Twitter. You never know when she’ll tweet a chance to win 12 Days prizes.
- Instagram: Follow Ellen on Instagram for fun and exciting ways to win a full day’s worth of 12 Days prizes.
- Yahoo Shine: Go to Ellen’s Good News page to win each day’s prizes. You could even win every single 12 Days prize.
- YouTube: Find the secret link to enter on one of Ellen’s “Heads Up” videos on YouTube, and you could win!
- Pinterest: Find Ellen’s pin of her holiday set for a very Pinteresting way to win.
- Vine: Follow Ellen on Vine and find the Vine with the secret link for another chance to win the prizes for that day.
- Newsletter: Ellen’s newsletter subscribers get a chance to win 12 Days prizes. Subscribe here.
- Tumblr: Find the image of Ellen’s viewers winning 12 Days prizes, and you would be a winner.
- Watch & Win: After the 12 Days of Giveaways, tune in to Ellen’s Watch & Win for another chance to win.
- GetGlue: Check in to every day of Ellen’s 12 Days of Giveaways on GetGlue and you could win, too.
“12 Days of Giveaways” continues through Friday, Dec. 20, but Ellen could throw in an extra day for good measure, just like she did in 2012.
To watch day six of Ellen’s “12 Days of Giveaways” in 2013, be sure to watch the above video.
“The Ellen DeGeneres Show” airs every weekday on NBC. Check local listings for air times.
Do you want to stay in-the-know? Then sign up to get my articles personally delivered to your in-box. Just click on SUBSCRIBE and you'll stay up-to-the-minute with the latest TV news.