Brownies and cream cheese go together like peanut butter and jelly- a perfect pairing. This Layered Brownie recipe is dual-use. You make this delicious layered brownie with cream cheese and you have extra plain brownies to use later for Brownie Parfaits.
- 1 14 oz package of rich and fudgy brownie mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1 3 oz container of cream cheese, softened
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray two 9 inch baking pans with cooking spray.
- Prepare brownies according to package instructions. Pour half of brownie mix into one greased pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine egg, cream cheese, and sugar blending until smooth. Pour half of remaining brownie batter into 2nd greased pan. Top with cream cheese mixture. Pour remaining batter on top of cream cheese and marble with a knife.
- Bake both pans of brownies for 19-22 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately top cream cheese brownies with the chocolate chip morsels, covering with foil for a few minutes to melt them. Spread melted chocolate evenly across the top. Cool completely. Serve, or cover for later.
Brownie Parfaits are a delicious but simple dessert to serve, Place a brownie in a parfait dish. Add vanilla and/or coffee ice cream. Top with hot fudge sauce. You can top off with whipped cream and nuts if desired.
Follow me on Twitter.