"Law & Order: SVU (Special Victims Unit)" is a legal drama, but it also has some comedy throw in from time to time. They are always coming up with some great one liners to make you laugh. This show stars Christopher Meloni as detective Elliot Stabler. His partner, Olivia Benson, is played by Mariska Hargitay. Here are 10 of the best quotes from this show. Detective Munch is played by Richard Belzer
1. Elliot Stabler: "Must've been dead a week."
Olivia Benson: "Guess he has an alibi."
2. Det. John Munch: "I don't just want to rain on your parade I want to burst all your floats."
3. Elizabeth Stabler: "Daddy, why does Christmas only come once a year?"
Elliot Stabler: "Because Santa Claus's credit cards are all maxed out."
4. Olivia: "I sure as hell wouldn't drive to Queens to save your ass."
Elliot:" Yeah you would."
5. Munch: "Liv, Ashley called."
Olivia: "Is everything alright?"
Munch:"No, she saw the new N'Sync video and was sadly disappointed, as was I."
6. Olivia Benson: "Yeah. I'm a regular monk."
Elliot Stabler: "Monkette." (staring at her)
7. Munch: "Blood stains kind of clash with school colors, huh?"
8. Elliot Stabler: "If I die, the spot where I go down, you better make sure none of this happens to it or I'm gonna haunt you the rest of your days."
Olivia Benson: "Noted."
9. Det. Brian Cassidy: "So why didn't you ever have kids? Didn't want the responsibility?"
Det. John Munch: "I wouldn't want to give a kid the responsibility of me."
10. Olivia Benson: "He smells expensive."
Don Cragen: "Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I ask you to smell the defendant."