To say I love the Emmys is an understatement. As a self proclaimed "TV fiend" I live for a night that revolves around television, fashion and beautiful people. One of my favorite TV shows is Orange Is The New Black (OITNB). Seeing a female driven show on TV is so refreshing and the only reason I keep renewing my NetFlix account. And this year several of the lovely ladies, as well as the show are nominated for some big awards.
While the stars are jaunting across the red carpet one woman in particular caught my eye. Laura Prepon looks simply stunning in an Gustavo Cadile emerald gown (which she says she picked because it compliments her eyes) and her hair pulls the look together completely. Prepon's hair was done by Celebrity Hair Stylist, Jonathan Colombini for Joico. Laura has come a long way since her long, red locks of That 70's Show and we approve!
Score Laura's look for yourself by following Colombini's steps and get ready for your hair to be the new black!
- First apply Joico Body Luxe Volumizing Elixir to damp hair, followed by Joico K-PAK Color Therapy Restorative Styling Oil on your ends.
- Next dry your hair to about 80% dry, and then finish and smooth all strands with a round brush.
- To produce a “gritty” interior texture, apply dry shampoo to dry hair and then mist with Joico’s NEW Flip Turn Volumizing Finishing Spray- which Colombini calls his “new obsession!”
- Next, create a deep side part with a dramatic, side-swept bang and gathered all of your hair on one side—a bit higher than where a traditional ponytail would sit when forming a roll--using a bungee elastic.
- Once secured, loosen the gathered hair for a more casual, effortless look, then rolled up the ends to fashion the upstyle.
- Finally, to maintain the “undone” vibe of the style and to create a contemporary texture, release a few wisps of hair around the hairline and within the crown before setting the look in place with Joico’s NEW IronClad Thermal Heat Protectant Spray.