Laura Mercier did it again, as she was also the official makeup sponsor of the Pamella Roland Spring/Summer 2014 Runway Show, and created flawless beauty with fashion-forward red carpet style. This gorgeous look will make heads turn over the upcoming holidays too! Please see below for details of the looks, and see if you can create it too with Laura Mercier's must have beauty products.
This look was created by Matin Maulawizada, Global Artistry Director at Laura Mercier, who channeled the “nonchalant attitude of the French stars of the ‘60s” in the creation of the makeup look. According to Matin, the French stars “were very different from the polished British and American ladies. They kept it sexy, a bit smudgy, like they just rolled out of bed and put lipstick on.” With a coral lip that paid homage to the colour palettes of ‘60s, and a modern peach and chocolate smudged eye, the look perfectly merged the past with the present.
Face: A flawless, flushed complexion
- First, Matin applied Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Crème Compact Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Sunscreen, ($45) to create a flawless canvas for makeup application.
- Then, he covered minor skin imperfections using Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage, ($32).
- Next, he applied Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Sunrise, ($24) and Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Rosebud, ($24) onto the cheeks, adding a natural, rosy flush to the skin.
Eyes: Natural hues and bold lashes accentuate the eyes
- Matin applied Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Sunrise, ($24) all over the eyelid.
- Then, beginning at the lash line, he applied Laura Mercier Matte Eye Colour in Truffle, ($23) and faded the colour outward. Using the same shade, he rimmed the eyes creating a “halo effect.”
- To complete the eyes, he applied a coat of Laura Mercier Faux Lash Mascara, ($24).
Lips: A classic, feminine lip
- Matin first stained the lips using Laura Mercier Rouge Nouveau Weightless Lip Colour in Mod, ($24).
- To add a final touch of glamour, he applied Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Brigitte, ($26) and then blotted the lips.