Today experimental game designer Alexander Bruce released a launch trailer for 'Antichamber,' the mind-bending PC game that will be released on Steam tomorrow. Originally presented to the Tokyo Game Show in 2009 as 'Hazard: The Journey of Life,' what started as a mod for Unreal Tournament 3 has since won numerous awards and accolades, including 'Winner - VentureBeat Top Indie Game of PAX 2012,' 'Winner - PAX10' at the Penny Arcade Expo in 2012 and 2011 respectively, as well as 'Winner- Best Game' at Freeplay and numerous others.
Antichamber has garnered the attention of players and reviewers alike, with such reviews as 'A game about subverting players' expectations,' by Billy Shibley of Machinima and 'Antichamber takes you through a world where accomplishing the impossible may just be the only way out,' by Rob Manuel of G4TV.
- A deeply psychological experience that will make you question everything you know about how a game works.
- Mind-bending challenges that will subvert your expectations at every twist and turn.
- An enormous, seamless non-Euclidean world to explore.
- Lifelike soundscapes developed by Robin Arnott and an ambient soundtrack composed by Siddhartha Barnhoorn.
- A gun that can create, destroy and manipulate matter, allowing you to discover new ways to overcome your surroundings.
Watch the trailer and attempt to draw your own conclusions about the 'first-person puzzle game, made for people who like Portal or salivate for The Witness.'