So, if Valentine's Day snuck up on you (it's tomorrow people), no need to panic. You don't need to spend a ton of time planning or a ton of money to make your gift count. Here are some last minute ideas to show your love this Valentine's Day, without breaking the bank.
For Your Honey:
- In the morning, make a deal to surprise each other with a creative gift under $10.00 to be delivered in the evening. Now, you can go in a bunch of different directions with this. Fill a bag with your significant others' favorite things: novelty candy, small sports gift (like tennis balls, golf tees, etc.)lottery ticket, beer, flower, etc. Or, your surprise could be a romantic, home-cooked dinner. Grab a box of pasta, tomatoes, parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes, and a lemon, and voila!
- There are so many wonderful quotes and poetry revolving around love. Find one that rings true to your relationship and print it out for a card or frame. For a great selection to choose from, visit this fellow Examiner's link, where all of the hard work is done for you. www.examiner.com/article/the-best-valentine-s-day-sayings-quotes-poems-f...
- Every couple has a song. It might be the song you danced to at your wedding reception or maybe a song that was popular when you first started dating. Print out the lyrics to the song that means the most to you on a full size piece of copy paper. Then, add a photograph of you two in the center and frame it. What a great gift!
- Two words: Love Coupons. Ok, so you may not have time or money on your side right at this very second, but you can make a cute coupon book for those things to be redeemed at a future date.
- Buy a box of chocolates. Take the chocolates out of the box, but leave the wrappers in the box. Then, fill the wrappers with hand-written love notes folded up. Make them as sweet or naughty as you like. Your partner will love unwrapping each one. You can put the reserved chocolates in a cute little bag and give them after they have read each note. You can't forget the chocolates!
For Your Kids, Friends, Family, etc:
- Fill their room with red, white, and pink balloons. When they enter tomorrow night, they will be blown away!
- Make pink, heart pancakes for dinner.
- Send a text every hour with a new reason why you love having them in your life.
- Make a Top 10 list of why they are so loveable.
- Cut out red and pink paper hearts. Write a compliment on each one and tape it to their door.
- Surprise them with a bouquet of flowers at work.
- Spend quality time with them. Play outside with the kids. Call your loved ones who live out of town. Have dinner with your family. Visit your kids at school for lunch. Just do what you love doing, with the ones you love.
If you have a suggestion for the list of "Last minute Valentine's Day gifts under $10.00", please share them with us in the "comments" section below. Happy Valentine's Day!